January 25, 2012

DIY: Rustic Wedding - Groomsmen Flowers on a Budget

If you must know, these were made in under 15 minutes and at little cost. A large roll of hemp was around $5. The baby's breath--well seeing how it comes 3 big bunches for 10 dollars at a local grocery store, and this is merely a pinch of that, we'll just say cheap. The purple flower I pulled from my backyard. How nice to have it that simple!


I have a hot glue gun, so I warmed that bad boy up, cut a bit of string and glued one end in place, then twisted and glued the other end (with just a dab) and viola! This just cut off at least 50 dollars off our florist budget. Since the guys usually aren't too big about flowers anyway, there's no need to go overboard. You could add greenery as well, or herbs. I will be trying out a few different looks but this is the simplicity I like.

As a bonus, you wouldn't even notice that these flowers had been sitting on my fireplace mantle for almost two weeks. So that's another plus to baby's breath, you can make this at least a week before the wedding and before all the craziness and will keep well. It's fairly worry free and for brides coming up on their big day like I am, it's pretty nice to have something that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...